We all know spending time with pets is fun, but when they are at the center of your career, it can make life even better! We’re always on the lookout for hardworking, qualified candidates who have a passion for pets. We offer challenging work in a collaborative and fun environment with competitive benefits. Join the dedicated team at Solid Gold Pet and help support our mission of delivering transformative nutrition for pets while building your career!
See below for current open positions with the Solid Gold Pet team.
Territory Sales Representative (TSR)
We are looking for a dynamic and fierce Territory Sales Representative (TSR) at Solid Gold Pet (SGP) to drive performance and achieve plan objectives by providing oversight of distributor management, retail execution, achieving sales quota and development in an assigned territory. This position serves as a direct point of contact for the distributor network as well as local and national customers within assigned territory.
About Solid Gold:
Solid Gold was founded in 1974 on the belief that food can support the system at its core for lifelong health. That’s why we are so passionate about supporting the system, not masking problems. Solid Gold takes a holistic approach to gut health because we know that healthy digestion positively impacts both the immune system and overall wellness of pets. We proudly represent our products in specialty pet stores across the US and Canada.
- Independently manage and grow business within a set territory.
- Work with the key retail customers of local and National level developing relationships, building brand presence and sales in assigned pet specialty channel and geography by meeting with each point of contact to set targets for distribution volume objectives, financial commitments, training and merchandising targets.
- Close and grow sales through established strategies with existing and potential clients.
- Identify and resolve customer concerns, developing and/or recommending a course of action to problem solve and alleviate concerns in the future.
- Understand and comply with established guidelines that ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Offer exemplary service to customers through training, merchandising and business collaboration.
- Expand market awareness of our products and our industry experience by communicating features and benefits of our products and services effectively.
- Maintain trade spend budget with effective ROI records.
- Attend and participate in trade shows, open houses, conferences and other events.
- Utilize data from in-house systems as well as employing marketing tools to influence sales results.
- Submit a variety of sales status reports as required including KPI tracking, trade spend reporting, activity, schedule and key account strategies.
- Ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated ability to coach, train, motivate, influence and lead
- Driven for results and able to handle complexity and change
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency required, especially in Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time visiting current and potential customer.
- Valid driver‘s license
SGP takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, SGP welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, and business partners.
To apply, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.