Eat like your pet eats with this amazing and healthy recipe inspired by Solid Gold Holistic Pet Nutrition that contains the same high-quality bison and 4 of the 20 nutrient-dense Superfoods used in each bag of Solid Gold. Find Solid Gold products for your dog or cat made with high-quality bison or buffalo and superfoods HERE.
Super Good for You…
- 2 10-ounce Bison strip steaks
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh rosemary + 1 sprig for garnish
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh thyme + 1 sprig for garnish
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 zucchini sliced into 1” thick slices
- 1 yellow squash cut into 1” thick slices
- 1 sweet potato cut into 1” thick slices
- 1 peeled carrot cut into 1” thick slices
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steak: Place the bison steaks in a deep medium size pan and coat them in 1 clove of minced garlic, minced rosemary, thyme and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Season the steak on both sides on salt and pepper and place it on a hot grill or in a grill pan over high heat. Cook until dark grills marks have formed on both sides and the desired internal temperature is achieved. 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Rest the steak 1 to 2 minutes before serving.
- Vegetables: Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Place the zucchini, squash, potato, carrots, 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper and a bowl and mix until coated.
- Transfer the vegetables to a cookie sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve the roasted vegetables alongside the grilled bison steak and garnish with herb sprigs.
Super Good for your Pet…
Solid Gold recipes with Bison or Buffalo: