Who doesn’t love a good steak?! Prepare this delicious and healthy meal to enjoy the same high-quality beef and 6 of the 20 nutrient-dense Superfoods used in each bag of Solid Gold. Find Solid Gold products for your dog or cat made with high-quality beef and superfoods HERE.
Super Good for You…
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 peeled and shredded sweet potatoes
- ½ peeled and small diced yellow onion
- 1 peeled and small diced carrots
- 1 small diced stalk of celery
- ½ cup of trimmed broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 12 ounce New York strip steak
- 1 egg prepared to desire
- salt and pepper to taste
Serves 1 to 2
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the sweet potatoes and onions for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Next, add in the carrots, celery and broccoli and cook for 8 to 10 more minutes or until all of the vegetables are tender. Finish by mixing in the fresh thyme, salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper and heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a separate frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the steak and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side for a medium-rare internal temperature. Cook longer or until desired internal temperature is achieved.
- Serve the steak over the sweet potato hash with an egg on top. Garnish with thyme.
Super Good for your Pet…
Solid Gold recipes with Beef: