What better way to spend your Valentine’s Day than with your fur babies?! We made some delicious, peanut butter PUPcakes with heart-shaped kibble to share the love.
• ½ cup whole wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/3 cup applesauce
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• 1 egg
• 1 ½ tablespoons creamy peanut butter
• 3 tablespoons yogurt
• Sprinkles of Mighty Mini (heart shaped kibble!) or any dog food
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and in a medium bowl begin mixing your cake mix (whole wheat flour, baking powder, applesauce, vegetable oil, and egg).
2. Line a 6 well muffin tin with paper liners or non-stick cooking tray and evenly proportion cake mix into the wells (about ½ to ¾ full).
3. Cook at 350 for 10-13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted to the center of the cake comes out clean.
4. To make the icing, add the peanut butter to the yogurt and stir!
5. Once the cakes are cool, decorate with the icing! You can use a spatula or cut the corner off a sandwich bag if you want to get fancy.
6. Sprinkle with Mighty Mini, or your pup’s favorite Solid Gold dry food , for an extra delicious, adorable pupcake!
Enjoy, and Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us at Solid Gold!
Recipe adapted from the Brown Eyed Baker.