In honor of National Holistic Pet Day, we’ve pulled together the top five tips on how to raise a holistic pet. As America’s first holistic pet food brand, Solid Gold is well positioned to help you on your journey in utilizing holistic principles to ensure a happy, healthy life for your pet.
- The most important thing for raising a pet holistically is starting them out on a natural, holistic diet full of high-quality proteins, antioxidants and omega fatty acids. By making sure quality ingredients like protein-rich muscle meat, antioxidant-packed superfood fruits and veggies and DHA, an omega fatty acid from salmon oil, are incorporated into the daily diets of puppies and kittens, you’re ensuring that their growing bodies and brains are off to a healthy developmental start. When formulating the recipes for Solid Gold’s dog and cat foods , we choose every ingredient for a specific purpose. We search out superfoods for their benefits, like antioxidants and phytonutrients and off a variety of healthy and unique muscle-meat proteins, while avoiding any meat by-products.
- A good rule of thumb for choosing a pet food brand is to look at the list of ingredients for foods that are recognizable, like real meats, healthy carbohydrates, and antioxidant packed fruits and vegetables. (Keep in mind that some vitamins and minerals are listed by their less common and harder to pronounce scientific name.)
- Growing puppies and kittens can benefit from our overall wellness supplement, SeaMeal™ . Made with a combination of natural seaweeds, digestive enzymes, and flaxseed meal, SeaMeal™ provides additional trace minerals, vitamins and the incredibly important Omega 3 Fatty Acids to support skin and coat health, a strong immune system, and healthy digestion.
- Aside from diet, a new puppy or kitten parent should work closely with their Veterinarian to determine a health plan they are comfortable with. Look for a Veterinarian member of the American Holistic Veterinarian Medical Association – they often combine conventional and holistic outlooks in healthcare that go beyond simply treating issues as they occur by promoting the overarching natural lifestyle options for pets.
- In raising any pet, socialization is a key factor to ensuring a happy, healthy relationship between you and your furry friend. Enlisting the help of a professional trainer can help your pet lead a happy, joyful life.